WT is self defence in its most consequent form.
WT is the smartest self-defence system ever thought of by humankind, because:
- WT is not based upon physical strength or acrobatic ability and therefore allows a physically weaker person to defend him/herself
- WT teaches you to use the force of the opponent and turn it against him
- WT self defence movements derive from tactile reflexes that are mechanical and directly determined by the attack of the opponent.
- In this way WT is not susceptible to optical manipulations meant to mislead the fighter.
- WT can be learned fairly quickly and build upon.
- WT meets the demands of “appropriate force” and therefore lends itself for use by law enforcement.
- WT is a whole martial arts – system. Its’ significance lies less in stylistic externals and tricks but in the revolutionary totality of the concept! Immediacy, the few number of movements used, etc., make WT the fastest martial art – system ever
The Economy of WT
Number of movements
WT is conceived in such a way that one can manage a fight effectively with just a few movements.
The best self defence is one that can fend off the most attacks with the least amount of movements !
Movements that are used simultaneously:
We can perform up to three different movement-patterns at the same time
The four ways of “force”:
In dealing with “force” , there are four principles in WT :
- Be free from your own force!
- Free yourself from the force of your opponent!
- Use the force of the opponent!
- Add your own force to the force of the opponent!
Through intense training WT-students learn to “borrow” the energy of the attack by way of a sort of controlled and deliberate “giving in”. The attacked body parts get “charged up” in such a way that they redirect power of the opponent immediately and with the whole force of impact with which it was dealt out .
Once a WT-fighter has gained his/her advantage by a punch he/she doesn’t just give it up but lets other
chain- punches follow the first. This is one of the most effective arms at all , traditional martial arts know of
to counter them. The quick sequence of punches overwhelms the capacities of the opponent to process
information as he is driven into a helpless defence.
The “universal solution” , the “centreline” etc.
The economy of WT manifests itself in all corners and ends of this martial art and provides surprises and eye-
openers to even the most advanced students. “what else ?”
Further Benefits of WT
Next to the emphasis on self-defence there are many more attractive benefits to the practice of WT.
Following is a short summary of what a WT school can offer you:
- The best in self defence
- Training of reflexes and reaction
- Concentration training
- Breathing and meditation exercises